Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Loneliness

Sitting here, I am reminded how it feels to be lonely.

The blaring of the stereo cannot drown out the silence in this house.

The whirring of the heaters is all I hear.

How I long to hear the voices of those I care about.

There are those I can pick up the phone and call, and those I will never be able to reach.

The thought that I will never hear his voice again terrifies me.

And suddenly I feel it..

I can feel the warmth.

It is not coming from the humming vents, but instead, from the embrace of the one that created the world.

A gentle reminder that I am not alone, but instead under care of the kind and loving shepard.



There are days when it feels like the loneliness will consume you. Days where the silence can only be filled with the thoughts that race around your head, gnawing at you, draining you. But there is a place of refuge. And this place is in arms of Jesus. Those are the same arms that reached from one side of the cross to the other, proclaiming he loves you enough to die for you.

Life is a never-ending battle of unknowns, but there is one things I know never changes. His never changing love for us. He died so that we can have life.

1 comments:

Pangsta said...

YOU ARE NOT ALONE BONNIE! =D

Post a Comment

 
Background is from: http://dearscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/4-University-of-Glasgow.jpg