Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

When the unknown becomes known.


It's funny how God prepares you for things you don't expect, in ways you don't expect.


1 Peter 5:6-7 (ESV)

 6 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 7 casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.


There are times when God is trying to teach me something and I say, "Ok God, this isn't going to be easy and I will learn, but...but... but why are you teaching me this? Why is this happening? I don't understand!" 

No one wants to go through tough times, no one wants to face their demons. But when He says, "I think you are ready. Let me heal you. Let me teach you. Let me love you." Sometimes, I don't want to answer Him. I'm afraid of what I'll find: find those dark secrets, find those hurts I've put away for so long, find those things I just can't give up. Are you like me sometimes? God is knocking at the door, will you answer? If you've answered before, are you keeping him at arms length because you don't want him to find those ugly things in your life?

But, when He asks you to and you open your heart, let him in, God will. He will start mending, healing, and changing your life. 
Though you don't understand 'why' but you're still willing to learn- He will teach you. It is these times where you are most teachable.
God loves you and is the one who carries you through the storms. But if you listen when he's trying to teach you, learn before the storm comes, he wouldn't have to carry you through those storms. He has already taught you to walk through those tough time-- you will be hanging onto his hand with dear life, but he has prepared you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Background is from: http://dearscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/4-University-of-Glasgow.jpg