Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Trama in the Bay.

As I was about to go to bed today, I found a welt on my knee. surprisingly, it did not come from paintballing today... it was from yesterday.

Yesterday, after my friend and I went to the Glenbow Museum, we wanted to study a bit before dinner. So we decided to walk to the mall (about 2 blocks away) and sit in the food court. When we entered the mall at The Bay we got a little disoriented and we went up the wrong set of escalators and needed to get back down.

As Julie and I were discussing which was to go, we hear a crash and then a scream. When I turned around, I saw a lady screaming and a man tumbling toward me. He literally went head over heels down the escalator and continued down some more steps on his face. By this time, we were already steps from the bottom, so Julie went to find the stop button while I tried to stop him from reaching the very bottom and getting caught IN the escalator (and I guess that's where I got my welt).

After the escalator was stopped and someone who knew CPR tried to talk to the man, he eventually started to breath on his own. We never flipped him over so I didn't see how hurt he was, but he did fall down 3/4 of an escalator so he couldn't have been on too good of a shape...

Please pray that this man is alright and that he will be healed.

... and the moral of the story is: battle scars might come from odd places and at unexpected times but there will always be those who are in need of help. Will you help those who are in need and be someone who demonstrates God's love?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Background is from: http://dearscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/4-University-of-Glasgow.jpg