Can you believe it? I has been three days since I landed here in beautiful coasts, green in winter and I'm going to admit it.. currently has the best hockey team in the league. (And as an added bonus, it's sunny this very minute!)
Since being here, it has been such a whirlwind of things happening. There has already been some ups and some downs.
When we landed, I looked out the window and what do I see? Grey skies and crazy downpour. Welcome to beautiful British Columbia eh?
When my friend came to pick me up that afternoon, I was curled up in my bed whimpering. My house was freezing cold, I didn't have any food, there is no Internet in my room, there is not a tv or a stereo in the house and on top of that I was getting sick. But fear not, my life takes a turn for the better. For the past few days, I have gotten the chance to go to both the UBC and SFU weekly meetings (for their c4c). I have also gotten to see some of my awesome friends and make new awesome friends!
And the weekend hasn't even started yet. I am excited to see all the amazing things I will be doing here in Vancouver this weekend, but even more, excited for how God will use me in this eight month adventure.
Toodles.
and I miss you guys!
Ps. Since my house has no technological capabilities I am so down for penpals. If you want to write me comment or leave me a comment and we'll trade addresses!
Since being here, it has been such a whirlwind of things happening. There has already been some ups and some downs.
When we landed, I looked out the window and what do I see? Grey skies and crazy downpour. Welcome to beautiful British Columbia eh?
When my friend came to pick me up that afternoon, I was curled up in my bed whimpering. My house was freezing cold, I didn't have any food, there is no Internet in my room, there is not a tv or a stereo in the house and on top of that I was getting sick. But fear not, my life takes a turn for the better. For the past few days, I have gotten the chance to go to both the UBC and SFU weekly meetings (for their c4c). I have also gotten to see some of my awesome friends and make new awesome friends!
And the weekend hasn't even started yet. I am excited to see all the amazing things I will be doing here in Vancouver this weekend, but even more, excited for how God will use me in this eight month adventure.
Toodles.
and I miss you guys!
Ps. Since my house has no technological capabilities I am so down for penpals. If you want to write me comment or leave me a comment and we'll trade addresses!
0 comments:
Post a Comment