Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

the red Chrismas ornament

Today was the first day in a long time that I had to come face to face with the reality that my dad isnt here anymore and that things (like objects) related to him is the only tangible things we have left. I do realize and know that memories have nothing on "stuff" and that if this entire house burnt down, his memory still lives on. However, "things" are one of the best ways to be reminded of someone, and then something meaningful is disrespected or broken it cuts deep.

Before I get into what I realized and learned through this experience, here's a quick recap of what happened. Tonight we had our annual c4c-Christmas party and for one of the activities, we had a photo booth. I was in charge of creating it and bringing props for people to take pictures with. Therefore, I went scouring my house for fun or random Christmas objects. I found these two pretty Christmas ornaments which was from my dad's last Christmas party. At the party, the photo booth was a huge success and people had tons of fun. But I hadn't expected them to have that much fun and to be so rowdy --and when that happens, chaos will always ensue. And of course, it did. Stuff went flying, and the ornament went CRASH. Well guess what, i burst into tears. [nice job Bonnie..]

In hindsight, I overreacting a bit. But it's been a while since that realization of not having daddy around makes me real sad. Beside that, I was reminded oh how many people I have around me that love me so. The forgiveness I received from my mom (when I told her), the hugs and kisses I got and the prayers sent up to God on my behalf today just warms my heart on a chilly day.

Thank you Jesus for the people you've put in my life. They have truly blessed me.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw I'm sorry to hear about what happened with the ornament. I'm glad you felt better :) I'm still praying for you!

Life is Beautiful. said...

I love you Bonnie <3

Post a Comment

 
Background is from: http://dearscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/4-University-of-Glasgow.jpg