Ever since I can remember, I've had this problem. I am usually able to convince myself something to the point of complete belief. Dangerous I know. Though there been a few things I have yet to convince myself of (but that's another story for another day).
Things have ranged from convincing myself that I love a certain author (to realize after I've read 10 of her books that I never liked her to begin with), convince myself that a certain stalker is just lonely and needs a friend (I learned to regret this one really quickly), and even convince myself that I am ok.
But there are times where you just need to let God work and let him do the convincing. Cause golly, he is much more convincing then anyone else. Have you looked out the window? The Blue skies, the shining sun and the beautiful snow.
Dear WinterCon,
I have convinced myself that I absolutely love conferences, yet have quite a low expectation for you. I hope God changes my mind. See you in 8 days.
Bonnie

1 comments:
Good post!
There's a lot of things that I don't want to admit even to myself. I think the first step to surrendering to God (at least for me) is being honest with myself.
I will be praying that God will do something amazing at Wintercon for you.
Post a Comment