Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

28 Day Challenge: Rekindling My Flame For Jesus

So it looks like I've been MIA here on my blog since last May. A coincidence? I think not. A lot has changed in the past 9 months. Quick run down: I got me a boyfriend, I traveled for 7+weeks around in China, Hong Kong and Australia and got me a job (it's for coop, but a job none the less) so i havent been in classes at all for the past year. And therefore, with all those changes blogging just hasn't been on my mind.

But it looks like it is all about to change.

Recently (well mainly just today), I've been thinking about how as of late, I've been feeling unmotivated and blah in my walk with Christ. Although being in this rut has upset me and caused some yuckiness in my life my lack of motivation has kicked in and I've very little about this. For me to move my butt into gear takes more than my own "willpower". Usually I don't get much done until friends or mentors challenge me and keep me accountable and being the lowly intern (I don't even get very mentally challenging tasks) I lack friends and people who push me outside of my comfortable zone spiritually. 

Coincidentally, two weeks ago a Sunday School teacher (she teaches gr 7-12) asked me to share my story about how I went through a tough time (the passing of my dad) but grew in my faith because of God's goodness and grace. To help me paint the picture, I remembered a blog post I wrote years ago describing some of those feelings. As I searched for that particular post I started reading each of my old posts. Reading those words filled me with joy and sadness, excitement and fear, conviction and pain as I relearned many of my past lessons.

That all being said, I realized I need to take steps in rebuilding my spiritual life. I know I need friends and mentors to help me stay on track and walk beside me, but I think that I can use this blog and the webisphere as a building block.

The summer of 2011, I was challenged by a friend to spend 30 days telling the world 30 random facts about myself. Although there were days where I fell behind I would make an effort to play catch-up and within the 30 days I completed the challenge.

So here's the plan, since February is a short month I'm going to do a 28 day challenge. This is solely cause I realize that  need to do something about my stale relationship with Jesus but it can also be a little fun too. Each day (and forgive me if I have a few catch-up days), I will read a chapter in Matthew (the 28 chapters makes sense and I need quality study not quantity), write down a few of my thoughts and tell you a random thought or fact about myself.

So here it goes. This is my reintroduction to the world of blogging.

And here's to rekindling the flame for my first love. Jesus Christ.


--B

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Background is from: http://dearscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/4-University-of-Glasgow.jpg