"After the wise men were done, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream. "Get up! Flee to Egypt with the child and his mother," the angel said. "Stay there until I tell you to return, because Herod is going to search for the child to kill him." That night Joseph left for Egypt with the child and Mary, his mother," - Matt 2:13-14
An angel spoke to Joseph in a dream telling him that he needed to pack up his life and leave immediately for an indefinite amount of time and that night he packs and leaves. This makes me wonder if I heard a clean and clear order from God, would I not doubt and just go?
----------
What worries you most about the future?This seems oddly related to my response above. (Almost frighteningly related...) One of my biggest fears is God calling me into ministry and specifically to somewhere I don't want to go. I don't have specific places were I have circled on a map specified as "places I don't want to go" but I'm just scared I won't like where he calls me. But as God told Joseph that he had to go because of Jesus's safety, God always knows best. Who am I go question the God of the universe?
0 comments:
Post a Comment